Functions of regularizing the accounts under the expenditure heads of the Ministry Administration and Courts Administration have been initiated as indicated below during the year 2012, for the improvement of the efficiency and the effectiveness of the accounting functions of the Ministry of Justice.
In making financial allocations to the Ministry of Justice, it is executed in the following manner.
1. Hon. Minister’s Office
2. Administration of the Ministry
3. Courts Administration
4. Mediation Boards Commission
5. Legal Aid Commission/ Sri Lanka Judges’ Institute
In addition, the following functions have been initiated.
01. Commencement of a discussion to create an e-programme for speedy remittance of the fines accumulated in courts.
02. Commencement and progress of discussion with the Judicial Service Commission for development of a procedure to grant the bail deposits in cash in courts to the owners concerned.
03. Supply of fax machines for the courts and initiation of the procurement process relating to the purchase of 20 photocopy machines.
04. Supply of office furniture and equipment for the courts.
05. Holding of a training session on accounting, covering all courts in the Polonnaruwa Judicial Zone.