1. Formulation of policies, plans and programmes in respect of the machinery for administration of Justice
2. Implementation and direction of such policies, plans and programmes within the time limit agreed with the national planning authorities and within budget resources
3. Matters relating to the administration of Justice which have not been assigned to any other person in terms of the Constitution.
4. Court Administration
5. Instructions on granting of pardons, community, remissions, respites, suspension of sentences passed on any offender
6. Matters relating to Labour Tribunals
7. Law reforms
8. Preparation and issue of legal glossaries
9. Formulation and implementation of a scheme to enhance the efficacy and efficiency of quazi system
10. Formulation and implementation of programmes for elimination of delays in the administration of justice in consultation with the judiciary.
11. Publication of Law Reports
12. Supervision of Departments/ Institutions that come under the purview of the Ministry of Justice and all other subjects that come under the purview of these Departments/ Institutions.